Fundamentals of Global Health Engagement I - Virtual
Includes 5 sessions total with each session lasting two hours. This option can be offered over the course of 2 weeks. Lectures are delivered via VTC and incorporate interactive activities and quizzes. Homework includes viewing three lectures independently, completing a discussion board prompt about the lecture and completing assigned workbook pages, which will be due by the end of the course. Homework time (including viewing lecture) should total approximately 6 hours over the course.
The purpose of the Fundamentals of Global Health Engagement course is to improve understanding of the full array of issues surrounding and shaping Department of Defense (DoD) Global Health Engagement (GHE). The Fundamentals of Global Health Engagement course is taught by a diverse cadre of subject matter experts with expertise and experience in many aspects of health. Participants in this course will gain a greater understanding of:
1) The strategic, operational, and civil-military considerations in DoD GHE
2) The framework for establishing the context of a health engagement
3) The components of planning, executing, and monitoring the activity
The host/sponsoring command for this course is the Uniformed Services University.
Tasks to Complete Prior to the Course
1. If you would like CMEs please make sure that you register for this course on the Navy CME website prior to the course. You will need a VPN to access the website.
- In order to receive a certificate for the course you do not need to register on the MODs website.
R.s.v.p. by 10 December 2021 by clicking on this link.