FUNDAMENTALS OF GLOBAL HEALTH ENGAGEMENT I - VIRTUAL
21-25 August 2023
The virtual course consists of 5 live sessions, each lasting 3 hours. Homework includes watching pre-recorded lectures, completing a discussion board prompt about the lecture and completing assigned workbook pages, which will be due by the end of the course. Homework time (including pre-recorded lectures) should total approximately 6 hours over the course.
The purpose of the Fundamentals of Global Health Engagement course is to improve understanding of the full array of issues surrounding and shaping Department of Defense (DoD) Global Health Engagement (GHE). The Fundamentals of Global Health Engagement course is taught by a diverse cadre of subject matter experts with expertise and experience in many aspects of health. Participants in this course will gain a greater understanding of:
1) The strategic, operational, and civil-military considerations in DoD GHE
2) The framework for establishing the context of a health engagement
3) The components of planning, executing, and monitoring the activity
The host/sponsoring command for this course is the Uniformed Services University.
1. If you would like CMEs please make sure that you register for this course on the Navy CME website prior to the course. You will need a VPN to access the website.
- In order to receive a certificate for the course you do not need to register on the MODs website.